Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

rain,windy and cold AWI must be coming back to town.

Today's ride was the opposite of what the last couple weeks have been with there being lots of rain, really windy and cold. Gearing up also took a little more time and thought, I had to put on the insulated tights,booties, under armor,beanie, gloves and sweat box.

I had to log in 3:30 on the bike so decided to head out towards Midhurst and if I got there in good enough time head to Sunnydale Corners to Ridge Road then home through Hawkstone.As it turned out the heavy winds and rain slowed the ride and the turn around spot was Midhurst.While I was there I mixed business with pleasure and check out the mtb trails, after 100 ft of trail riding I came to the conclusion come Monday I could be riding the viper ripin up some trail.

Ride home there was a lot more rain which meant my gloves were soaked which also meant my hands were frozen for the first time in over a month.The wind also picked up a lot and it didnt seem to matter which way I turned I was hitting it.Riding on the 15/16th I had to make a decision whether or not to make the ride longer by going into Hawstone and then Lake Shore, looked at the watch and I was at 3:00 hrs so just booted it home. Cals,hot shower and coffee now Im ready for tomorrow 2hrs.

cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment