Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Marathon attemt 1

Today I decided to attempt a marathon run from my Orillia home to my Sebright home.I started this dream a couple weeks ago when I ran for the first time in a year and did 17.5kms.I hurt pretty bad by the end of that but it was more shin splints, stuff I could push through if I wanted to.

The run started in the sun, I think the temperature was even in the low pluses and continued until 6:00.For the first 20kms the same pain I had felt on the 17.5 was present but I pushed on, however the next 4.5 I started to feel some huge pain in what felt like the groin and that was a pain I couldn't get over. It got so bad I couldn't make full steps and there was nothing left to do but crawl into the forest and wait for death to take me.My friend Justin was on his way but before he picked me up he had to stop for some A&W, as I got into the car he had finished the last bite and left me nothing but the smell.At home I am finding walking is very difficult same as bending over I can't do that either.I might wait a while for another attempt, but we will see.

Tomorrow I had a 2hr ride planned but I might switch it with Thursdays rest so I can ride with Jacob.Another will see decision.

video of the day.

cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment