Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

fixed

Just got back from a fixie ride in the sun and now sitting down with a brew enjoying summer. Today I did a little Hawkstone to Barrie ride with Lizard and Jacob,we were planning out sign sprints and hill climbs for the up coming pancake ride.I am super pumped but unfortunately I don't think the Giant will make it here in time, apparently they are updating the computers and wont be able to ship out until Monday or Tuesday.

Yesterday Jacob and I headed out to do the big shoot loop from my house here in Orillia.I forgot to charge the watch so I couldn't map it but the ride was something close to 115 kms with head wind and sun. The roads were fairly clear traffic wise but did get rather sandy up near the locks, nothing the FCR and TCR couldn't handle.We stopped for pee break at brendo's rock and took in some of that summer like heat.Near the end of the ride I was getting that lack of food and water head bonk and Jacob tried to take advantage and make a break for it which didn't make since because the legs still had lots of fight and like pistons from a Bugatti Veyron I matched his speed increase and didn't slow it down until he let up.

On the rides recently there has been a lot of conversion on what this season will be like for me.It has been the most I have trained over the winter and the strongest I have felt.Heather has built a nice base it feels and I'm really looking forward to testing it out.I have no idea what is in store for me this season and for the next.There has been a little talk of maybe doing a couple road races this year and seeing if I can perform a little better there.I still have lots to learn in cross country and going to give it my all this coming season all I can do is giv'er.

2 comments:

  1. umm yeah, how can you be planning out sign sprints when the route won't be unveiled until the morning of the event? maybe there won't be any town signs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went off what Jacob said...I'll be ready for anything.

    ReplyDelete