Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Headed south.

Today the lads and I headed south to the banana belt which is Toronto for the bike show and Joy Ride 150.The meeting spot was Spaks house to see if all the bike and gear would fit in das German auto after all it's no AWI team van.I arrived on time where as Jacob was fashionably late, I guess we switched roles for the day.After playing a game of stack-a-bike-in-das-German-auto we sped out of Waubaushene and headed to a place the elders call the "big smoke".

Arrived at the show trembling but alive, Matt is craaazy.We did a sweep of the place twice and then a third to make sure, on the way seeing some familiar faces (Deena Brooks, Mitch Brooks, Kristin Brooks, Cayley Brooks, Lizard Ross, Jeremy Simmons, Don, Andrew Lafever*, Chris Wong and Lloyd).Please note I know I could have said the Brooks family but that's not how I role.There wasn't a hole lot to interest Jacob or I so we looked and found a handle bar for Matt then headed out.

Joy Ride started the same cold cold cold foam pit.After some fooling around it was straight to the xc course for some "training".I was told to do 1 hour at race pace but that failed 17 minutes in when I hit a steel door frame with my waist at 15kmh.After too much time on that course you get way to confortable going fast that it's dangerous.I then retired to the expert skinnys where I actually road everything boosting my confidence level to a all new high.Three hours one almost back flip from Jacob and it was time to head back to the cold north.

Before I go just a little congratulations is in order for Norco factory team rider Andrew Watson, he has been selected to the pan am championships team, in Guatemala on april 11th, and then shortly after that he'll be heading to the first two world cups first one is, Dalby Forest in England and the second being the infamous Houffalize. Just recently he got the official invites so he's pretty excited about those races. Three new countries, three new courses, two new languages he will not be able to speak.(there may or may not have been some copy and past and I may or may not have switched all the "I"or"I'll" with "he"or"he'll")



The door frame.







No comments:

Post a Comment