Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

I fold

Today I missed The Collingwood Thing presented by AWI and it sound like I missed a good ride and time.Full details of the ride are posted on the AWI site along with some power data.The ride I did to replace didn't come near the vertical climbing which would have been nice to test the legs.I rode out towards sebright way to check out a culvert which collapsed on HWY 45.

The ride started with a lap of the beach trail then headed to HWY 45.The sun was out but so Jack Frost and the guy that makes wind.I was dressed very similar to what I was in the winter minus the plastic bags over the socks.I kept on the warm side the hole ride the only part of my body which was over heating were my hands which I solved by taking off the mitts and putting them back on when I lost feeling in my fingers.The collapsed culvert was about 55km out so by the time I got there the sun was full force and heating the spandex nicely.I was going to take a picture of the damage but I couldn't feel my hands and didn't want to drop my phone into the deep brown river.Road to my rents house for some cal intake at the store and then hit the road back for a hour intensity session to beat the dark.Arrived in Orillia in good time finishing the remainder of the time on the beach trail.The ride wasn't to bad it just would have been better in C-Wood, but there is always next time.

Tomorrow I am helping out at the farm doing some fencing so my ride will most likely be of the night verity.Looking forward to it but not as much as some more xc on Monday night.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment