Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

cons of a lighter bike.

Last night I had to do a endurance work out which meant after work I would hop on the FCR and ride for 4 hours.The past couple months this would have been easy because the temperature was always cold but now I have to ride in 14 degree with sun for the first 2.5 hours and the rest in the cold dark night.The clothing was as follows under armor,normal kit,legs,gloves,head light,tail light. Both lights were put in the jersey pockets for the day light hours so I wouldn't look like a complete tool, also in the pockets were keys,phone and night time glasses.Lower back was killin but it's all in good training.

Another issue I seem to be having is as I am transitioning from the Mannondale to lighter bikes have have to travel longer distances.I am seriously considering riding the Manondale for training, it makes sense like for a 4 hour ride I would only have to do like 10 kms.The formula is basically take the distance you would normally do in that time and divide by 11.

Today's ride how ever was all done in the glorious sun.Met up with Jacob in the town of Hawkstone and hit the road.I would tell you where we went but I have no idea but it did seem like we climbed a lot.Weather was good wind was high and roads were clear.On the way back we saw a cyclist use his hand and arm to signal but we took it as "I'm heading this way bring the heat" so Jacob and I went out of our way to drop him.We were successful and dropped the larger man on the BMC cross bike equipped with power tap.As we were passing he gasped "I'm sure I have an excuse".Hit the road homeward and with a tail wind on our side we got er done in record time.Good ride good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment