Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stepped up the game

So today on the training list I had to put in a 3 hour ride.Tonight also happened to be The MNS snowshoe so I decide to combine the two ride out to the snowshoe then ride home the long way through Hawkstone.

Riding out was somewhat interesting as my snowshoes didn't really fit in the nap sack so they kept my head in a looking down position. Traffic wasn't bad and I arrived at Hardwood for the pre snowshoe party at about quarter to.Apparently I missed the party and was promptly informed I was going to be late for the 8:00 departure. Not being one to worry Lizard let me put my snowshoes in her car so my neck would be at ease, I hit the road throwing down the hurt.As I hit the 7th a white car pulled up beside me rolled down his window and asked if I wanted a tow.I said "yes Jacob" grabbed a hold of the car and off we went.The tow unfortunately only lasted a km but it boosted my moral and I hammered the rest.

The snowshoe started with every saying how manly I was and that they would give up the ability to turn a corner just to be as dreamy as I am if not for just one day.At one point I think I saw Matt and Jacob kneel to me, either that or they were putting on their snowshoes I'll let you be the judge. Any who, the snowshoe was a little shorter than normal with less off course exploration something about Matt and Jacob forgetting their manhood at home today....Never the less good times, there was even talk about a sweet little 100km mtb race at Tremblant which I am very interested in and must find out more.

The way home was dark.As soon as the group left so did my head light.It was an open ski but the moon wasn't shining bright so I could see snow on either side of the road but the road it self was pitch black.Made it home with no trouble total time was just a hair over three hours.

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment