Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blood, sweat and tears all in good fun at Joy Ride 150

I started the day off with a ride in the park with Jacob for a solid hour of Mountain Biking/ice biking/snow drift biking/trying not to hit old people dogs biking, well at least I tried too I cant comment on Jacobs behalf. I have a video of our little mtb loop we made but between me falling while filming with one hand and me being a little beat right now I dont think it will be uploaded. Good solid ride though.

Later that night I met up with Watson and Spak to go down to Markham to hit up Joy Ride 150 and this time my main goal was to ride the foam pit.Pulled in the parking lot around quarter to seven signed in and got suited up.I tell you those guys love their jobs to much still none stop smiles, friendly service and welcoming hospitality.Top notch stuff down there for sure.

Lets go straight to the ride. Right off the bat you could see the reflection of the foam pit in Andrews eyes and nothing was stopping him from diving in.After a little encouragement I myself made the leap of faith and jumped into the pit made entirely of foam.It wasn't that bad and soon the three of us were ripping it.We then decided to take a break from the pit and do some skinny's which lead to the tears part of my title.After riding off a log I hear behind me the sound of a mans heart snapping in two or was it the sound of Matts $300 xtr shadow derailleur I get those two confused. No worries though because Scott at Joy Ride hooked a Brother up with one sweet whip.

Next we attemted to set some records but failed as we found out in order to beat said record on the cross country course you must not use a cross country bike but a dirt jump bike....we didn't have one so we stopped trying. We moved over to the pump track were we attempted to beat that record but same story, Andrew however did get called out by a 12 year old boy who was determined to show him up all night and 90% of the time succeeded. I couple more times in the pit which lead to my epic bail leaving me with some blood and plywood burns and then we hit the road.

We stopped at Tims for dinner,they were enjoying work to much and we busier laughing than making the food...I think they might be getting paid to much or there is a carbon monoxide leak.

I am soooooooo tired right now so I'm calling it and if this post doesn't make since it's not my fault having fun is exhausting..

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment