Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

man ride on a reduced week.And this just in!

Some call it a rest week but me I say unless I am in bed I am calling it a reduced week.Jacob and I did another man ride today which lead us to horseshoe valley to the turn around point, then to Hardwood Ski and Bike for hot bevies and socializing and then home.

Temperature was good at the departure and continued to be the way for the rest of the ride.We started mid day so it almost seemed to get cooler as our body's warmed up which meant no real overheatage.We toured a lot of back roads so road conditions were slush with ice as a under layer. Jacobs new studded tires helped him in this area but my front slick and rear cross tire did not.We arrived at Hardwood Ski and bike got our hot bevies and talked to Benno for a good hour about light bikes, components,Lucky Nino, South Carolina,my mom, my sister and other things too. After we left Hardwood it was straight up the 6th to the 15/16th and back to Hawkstone.I think the ride was in the range of 2hr 6 min and in that time we were only honked at once.Good ride, good chats, good times.I think I might patent that.

I needed three hours today so I drove my car to the gym to run on the treadmill. I never thought I would hear myself say that but there ya go.I was originally going to go out on the bike again but felt the clothing and decided they belonged in the to be washed bin and not on me.I could have ran to the gym or just went out for a run but I find my knees feel like I'm 64 years old and decided against that.So in the end I opted for the spin bike for a 15 minute warm up and the treadmill for a 40 minute zone 2 run.I thought the trainer was boring well running on a treadmill is like 100 times worse or if you don't use a trainer and can't relate it would be like running in one spot for 45 minutes looking at the same wall with no scenery change or sound on the T.V in front of you and the subtitles on the T.V are in German.Die Tretmühle boaring!!

Carbo loaded at home now surfing the web.Tomorrow is do what I like day so I am heading to Sebright to chop wood for the folks.Oh and this just in I do believe a spammer wrote more then Matt on his blog today, come on Matt don't let the solar panel guy win.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment