Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

MNS

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Untitled

Tonight was another Monday night snowshoe at the wilderness trails located behind Hardwood Ski and Bike.The event started with a not too confident Matt saying "I wish liz was here".We assumed it was because Liz has gps in her pocket and secretly pulls it out and navigates on our little adventures but Matt might also be interested, watch out Jacob.No one wanted to make the first step so I took charged and went in.My lead didn't last long as Andrew quickly went in front, it's almost like he knew if the group would have followed me we would end up in Barrie.I don't remember when it happened but there was a fare bit of snow in the forest which made it soft for falling.There were a couple times when Matt repeated his opening statement of "I wish Liz was here" but Krista Andrew and I were confident that we would get out within our 1 hour time period.We found the road and only 50 meters from the cars.Another good event done and done

As for the link at the top, that is the rest of my 3 hour workout plan.That's right after the snowshoe I went home and swapped big shoes for littler ones.Road conditions started off not to bad, little slushy in spots but nothing the Manondale can't handle but turned icy near the end.The icy descents were my fav because you couldn't apply to much brake because your tires would slide out but if you didn't apply any your were doing 50+kmh down a icy hill so it took some in between braking to make me feel somewhat at ease.Ride it's self turned out well, I was allowed in heart rate zone 4 which allowed me to open the legs up on climbs which is what I live for and the legs loved doing it.

Spoiler alert!! It was just confirmed that there will be a man ride on Wednesday.Hopefully the gps will work so it'swell documented.

cheers

1 comment:

  1. Should the topic be brought up that I took the lead and brought us to safety

    ReplyDelete