Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Monday

Another Monday night gathering tonight this time since there wasn't a huge amount of people confirmed and I didn't have a car or snowshoes Jacob,Liz and I decided to start a little early and go to Scouts Valley for a hike.

The Only boots I have at the Orillia household are some -100 degree steel toe boots which weigh in around 10lbs.The three of us headed up the climb into Scouts for what would be a 51 minute hike. There was little snow coverage and what was there was packed down rather well which made it a little easier for hiking in my 10lb boots.Temperature was I think around the zero mark which meant I found myself stripping mid hike.The pace was fairly high and I struggled to keep up on the climbs but I kept my head up and continued strong.We went to a couple look out points but most of the views were either a concrete plant or the new Lakehead campus.

At the end of the night we had our laughs, climbed some hills, jumped across a river and enjoyed the great outdoors.cheers folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment