Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jacob stole all the story.

Well usually when you ride with someone who also blogs you can count on them leaving out some part of the day, but not today Jacob has nail the ride dead on so check it. I do have some small details tho...

Lets start with my addition in equipment. The last couple rides have not been gentle on the old booties so the toes are starting to rip a bit allowing a little cold air into the shoe.I decided this morning I would take a page from Brendo and use plastic bags on top of the socks with the booties over top of the shoe.I thought it would only help a bit but to my surprise the plastic bags almost acted like a sweat box but without the sweating and kept my feet above the frozen mark.So I'm shouting out to Brendo for this piece of brilliance.

Jacob talked about his new tires and how they are awesome for traction and stuff but I found a minor problem with them.So studded tire equals fantastic traction and riding when by yourself but when riding with someone with out studded tire equals man with studded tire working harder and man with out studs not working as hard.Thus when you are both do similar workouts the small group can be split up often which can make for an unsocial ride.I guess the only solution would be for me to get a pair.....

Back at headquarters I tested Jacobs Giant tcr which I am most likely getting for my 2010 road bike, like 16.5 pounds for a grand less than what I could buy a Madone for I'm thinking Giant. The ride is a little stretched out so I'm think a shorter stem and the fit would be good.Also I was informed that if I wanted one I would have to change the grip tape color and pedals which means I have to find some white grip tape and pedals...

cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment