Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Manly Ride 2.0

This morning my alarm went ding at about 8:44 to wake me for the manly ride Jacob and I had planned for the day.I went to my Iphone to check the weather on the weather app and didn't like what it had to say, a temp of -12.I sent off a text to Jacob making sure all was still a go for our manly ride, sure enough it was so I got out of my warm bed and packed the car.The ride started off really cold on the face and continued that way for a good 20 minutes.I was told to do some hilly endurance so Jacob worked out a route that would meet my needs.I would tell you where we went but I am constantly lost and had no clue where I was.Maybe I should figue out this gps thing on my watch.Anyways we popped out onto Horseshoe Valley RD for the descend into the Valley and the ascend.Between the traffic,snow,ice,big down hill,steep up hill and transport trucks that was the scariest part of the ride.Part of the manly ride deal was to stop in at a coffee shop of sorts warm the feet and have a cup of jo, as we were riding we figured out the closest thing to a coffee shop was Hardwood Ski and Bike and their new machine.Besides from the price of their specialty coffee it wasn't bad tasting you just had to get over all those skiiers leaving their bags on every table and chair in the chalet.30 minutes back to Jacobs house and the ride was done.

Good ride, decent turnout, Matt you suck for not coming and good night folks.Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment