Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Karma



I arrived back from Guelph a little later than I would have liked and missed the SSS (sunday snowshoe something) which I was really looking forward to.Riding in the cold and on the trainer if fun but if there is ever a chance to mix it up with a group I'd mix it up.

My friend Justin's (whom I live with) father and wife were planning on coming over for dinner and a movie around 6:30 so as soon as I arrived home from Guelph I had to get ready for a 3hr hilly endurance ride before they arrived.The work out is what makes missing that SSS even more poopy because it would have fit in perfectly.

The ride started with a blizzard followed by more blizzard so I decided I would take the back way to Hawkstone with a side of the back way to Hardwood Ski and Bike for a hot chocolate. The road conditions were alright, kinda slushy with some ice hiding below.I did however mange to make it through without a fall.Heading towards Hardwood the head wind was fairly strong and my forehead was feeling the pain and the only solution was to put the head down and give er.

Arrived at Hardwood said hi to Ben and the gang, drank my hot chocolate then headed back out into the white stuff.Ride back to Hawstone flew by with that tail wind, I looked down at my Garmin 405 at one point and the Manondale was doing 46 .5 kmh!!I decided to take woodland dr. back home instead of the 15th to get a little more hillage into the ride.Climbing a hill and a car flew by me I was like wow because on the bike you can feel the ice under you and sure enough on the decent I saw a guy in the middle of the road walking in circles.As I got closer I saw his car on it's roof in a swamp, road up to him asked if he was alright he said ya and was on the phone to someone so I continued on my way after all I didn't want my heart rate to drop.

Made it back to my house in just under 3hrs, showered up and got ready for dinner.The lesson here is dont drive past cyclists too fast cause god will flip your car into a swamp. and on that bomb shel it's time to end good night.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. "As I got closer I saw his car on it's roof in a swamp, road up to him asked if he was alright he said ya and was on the phone to someone so I continued on my way after all I didn't want my heart rate to drop."

    Omg, I killed myself laughing when I read that. You know you're a Cyclist when....LOL

    ReplyDelete