Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2009

spak fest


Woke up this morning expecting a nice ride with a mix of sun and maybe some snow flakes but when I looked out the window I saw 4 inches of snow on the ground and more falling from the sky. I thought I was in for a different kind of ride, So I got on the phone to Matt and he told me that Andrew told him that it was sunny and clear in Barrie. So I loaded up the Giant FCR 2 equipped with Kenda Kwest tires and hit the road.HWY 11 started out with a 3 vehicle crash, one of which was missing the front right wheel.Arrived at the school and waited while Matt and Andrew got ready (or they waited while I got ready, the cold has clouded my memory a tad).A couple highlights from the ride are... I rode on water,during a standard front wheel brake test I didn't realize Matt was behind me and took him out,we rode through what some might call hurricane level winds,went downhilling on 700c tires and almost got dropped by a girl on a Kona MTB.all in all good ride.

Tomorrow's Monday night ride should be the first ride at night in the snow or at least I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment