Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Testing of other sorts...(I wrote this to late and didn't go over it may have spelling and gramer errors)

Bright and early this morning I logged on to the Louis G dealer page to check if my winter gear had arrived at The Bike Stop and sure enough it had.The plan was to get some breakfast, head down to the shop, get the gear and test her out on the open roads.As usual there is always something that come up which postpones my rides.

Katrina a employee of Quaker Oaks Farm (my parents store on main street Orillia and in Sebright) sends me a text explaining how she has a hair appointment and needs someone to cover for her.So being the nice guy I am and a man who can appreciate a good hair cut I accepted. Now my Parents have had this business since 1998 and I might if I am lucky have worked in it 10 times.I ride bicycle, fix bicycles and sell bicycles that's about it.My mom made my lunch up until I called her a doll two years ago (not one of my best moments).So when I am in the store and I have to make Stuffed olives,cut fresh cheeses I'm a bit out of my element.The gift portion of the store isn't bad, It's kind of like selling bicycles.Back to the point,I didn't get out of the store until 9:00 which meant it was dark and snowy.Being me I disregarded the blizzard went to the shop grab the new Louis G gear (booties,beanie,mits) and gave them a test.

The Test-so the conditions were snowy,windy,icy roads, night and -7 with out wind chill.I had a BLT front one LED flashing light and a rear flashing light.Duration was about one hour going in and out of the head winds, climbing up and down Orillia.The mits are fingered but with a cover which turn them into lobster claws.Only my thumb was cold which a will accept.beanie kept the ears warm.Last of all the booties lasted longer than a ride,kept my feet warm and are just to clever to say anything bad about.All in all first impressions of the new gear is a 8.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment