Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tested

I was going to post yesterday but I got into a little bit of a movie marathon which didn't end until 3:00am.So im posting now.

Yesterday I didn't really do to much of anything during the day, just a couple Tin Tin episodes, picking up my new bike up and finding a heart rate monitor for my testing.

So lets start with the new ride, well new to me.It's a Cannondale touring bike which is fully loaded with fenders,rack and xtr ultegra equipped.The plan for the bike is to be my winter bike then in the fall I will pass it down to Jacob for a cross bike.Apparently the owner of the bike died and the daughter didn't want it so she sold it to the Bike Stop for $100.00, which isn't to bad for xtr if you ask me.I will most likely give it a test later today and give a field report.

Now to the testing.I haven't done one for 4 years and kinda forgot what they felt like.C02 max was a quick reminder and the wattage test was the icing.Being two competitive cyclists Jacob and I bet on who would get the better power to weight ratio.I gave it my all and pushed 380 watts but it wasn't good enough I needed more.So im hitting the trainer hard and Heather Stanley is the women who is going to get me to my next level in cycling.So for next season I'll be in tip top fitness with loads of power and turning ability of a 13 year old...maybe I should be a roadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment