Search This Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Feeling Guilty

So arrived home from my family dinner and logged onto the net to read what was the happy hap in the cycling world.I started to read the usual blogs and noticed something similar in all which was they all seemed to be training during the xmas holiday.So at 11:00pm in the pouring rain I decided it was a fantastic idea to go for a ride and while I was out I thought I might as well test the new heart rate monitor a Garmen 405.Riding in the rain wasn't bad,the temperature good and the traffic other than a police man who almost ran me down was almost non existent. I was feeling confident and was starting to take corners faster but there was a problem with that, the road underneath my tires was pure ice.So I fell and slid,then slid some more and after I slid I slid even further until the icy watery road completely soaked me and I stopped.I jumped back on,looked around to see if any one saw me and road on.This was only about 20 minutes into the ride so I plugged on towards some back road riding.Other than it being really dark even with my head lamp the back roads started off not to bad.In fact I even started enjoying myself until the pavement turned back into ice, and the roads started to dip into down hill sections.This only meant that I was now back to fighting with the bike trying to keep it straight, only this time I was going much faster. Successfully I managed but just.Not only did I get a good tempo ride I also got a lot of practice clipping and unclippping the peddles. I didn't have a chance to look at the Garmen but I think it will work well for me and I don't want to hear any smack about having gps on my watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment