Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

so happy I could blog

It's been a while but like Andrew says writing about doing the same thing every day is both boring to the reader and the writer.Luckily for you Ive done something different the last couple days.That's right Iv been riding a bike-cycle.

My return to riding started with an early morning night ride.At about 1:30 in the morning on Friday I headed out on my cycle cross training loop.It's fairly flat for the majority of the ride with two bigger hills to finish the ride off.I went out to just to spin out my legs and work on my form.Paying close attention to my legs position and my over all form.It was a good ride other than a dog trying to take me out but that's expected at that early hour.

Joy Ride 150 was next.Andrew sent me a message in the morning saying a trip was going down and that if I wanted to hitch a ride that could be done.I jumped on that idea and told him Id be there in 40 minutes.Almost and hour and half later I pulled into his driveway.With no Watson to be found I knocked on his door, only to find him drinking peppermint tea and watching the stocks.I sat down on Starbucks chair so I guess it was only fair when Starbuck sat on me.Andrew tried to demonstrate who the master is by telling her to get off, but Starbuck had non of that.So we left and headed to the city.We were there for close to three hours and in that time I personally bonked at least twice an hour.Its funny how demanding that place can get, you can go there and legit get a solid day of training in.It can cover all areas I feel.You got your skill,endurance,speed and social.Joy Ride is perfect. Now all they need is to hand out a discount card to everyone with the name Tristan Spurr and they will be the best indoor bike park in the world.

I guess it would be Saturday I sent JM a text asking what his plans were for Sunday but had no reply.I thought to my self "Tristan, if he doesn't want to reply I'll ride out to HWSAB and visit"So thats what I did.Out Old Barrie rd and to HWSAB I rode. It was a little busy but nothing I couldn't handle.I wore a complete black kit because I hear that's like saying F-U car just try and find me.Arrived alive and chatted with the boys for a bit.Ben is chasing all the same lady interest that I am and has pointed out that I don stand a chance aginst him because he owns two cars (one being a sports car with turbo) and lives in a mansion.All I have is an attic and a Subaru (gold in color).I saw his point and right away went into negotiations.I think we've settled on me being allowed to look after his girls while he is down south.So I guess I'm kinda like a nanny...or a pimp, not sure really.

Tomorrow I hear there's a film playing in Barrie about some cycling team racing some race over in France.I think I might attend, not really for the movie... well I just wrote a story so I think I'll go do something athletic to write about tomorrow or the next day or the day after the next day...

Cheers,

Tristan

1 comment: