Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Back 40

On Saturday I decided to head out to the parents ranch and do some exploring in the back 40.Loaded up the Subaru with some snowshoes and warm gear then off I went.Iv never really been back in our forest other than on the old logging trail, probably because I'm generally afraid of Beavers,Cougars and bears (oh my).I figured however the loud stomping of the snowshoes and the clumsiness of the walker would scare any threat far away.

Started through the fields, plowing through them like myself plowing through corners on a nice summers day. Constantly looking for animals which could eat me it was hard to enjoy myself at first.Twenty minutes in I decide I could probably kill any animal that dared to attempt an attack, I went even as far as planning how I would kill it.Figured ski pole to the eyeball would pretty much do it to any animal.Moving on.... Once I overcame my silly fear I started to look around and was noticing some sweet potential for trail making.I need to explore more before spring comes and GPS my findings but apparently behind my property line is crown land which then backs on to the Ganaraska trail system. So I have some work ahead of me.Explore some now,then ride the cow trails come spring.Back to the snowshoe....it was great fun and no attacks.

Cheers,

Tristan

No comments:

Post a Comment