Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Riding Dirty

Last couple days have been beauty for riding my bi-cycle. In fact so beautiful by the time I get off the bike I'm far too tired to post. So I'll do little catch you up.My week started with a hilly type ride with spak and Jacob leaving from Waubaushene.Spak actually did a pretty good blog post on it and covered everything so I'm not even going to try and compete,I'll just link you his way.(Matt Spak)

My riding continued the following day with a solid ride around lake Couchiching. Sun wasn't out but the temperature was in the positives, which is a positive... Weaving through the city to get out of the city I came to a cross street and there was an SUV stopped at a stop sign.I didn't have a stop sign so I continued on my way. However the SUV I guess either thought I did have a stop sign or he thought he could cross the street before I got there...Didn't matter what he thought because he was wrong.He went, realized he couldn't make it, my brakes went on, his went on, my wheels locked, his locked. I managed to escape death by a couple centimeters making it the first time my turning skills didn't hurt me.The rest of the ride was good, just taking in the fresh warm air and loving riding again.Finished it all off with a loop around the beach trail, no ladies out yet but it's rideable...

Yesterday it was something like plus 5 and sunny with heavy winds.I couldn't really get organized to ride until later in the afternoon. I didn't want to ride at night so instead of a longer type ride I cut it short and spun the legs.Probably for the best because I'm feeling a bit tight today.Road conditions were a bit wet which was a pain.Even with fenders my feet,legs and back were getting soaked.Not fun.

Might go for a run later tonight.Cold temperatures are back and so is the wind, I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Tristan

No comments:

Post a Comment