Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Winter, well a winter bike

I just arrived home from he shop building the new 2011 winter bike.Its basically my rocky cross bike but with poopy components on it.A couple things I'm worried about though. First on the list the carbon fork, can carbon handle cold??I honestly don't know.What I do know is when we are riding down scenic caves road on Man Ride 2.0 I don't want an exploding fork.Second Item on the list of worries is the bikes name.Last year I had a Cannondale touring bike which I referred to as the Mannondale, which made since and had a nice ring to it.But Rocky Mountain??Every time I try to incorporate "man" into the name it sounds to close to Broke Back Mountain... I haven't seen the movie and I'm sure its really good but it's just not the relation I want my bicycle having.So with that I'm back to the drawing board.Maybe once I do something manly on it the bike will just tell me.

Since it took so long to build the bike I think I might cancel the ride I had planned tonight and move it to tomorrow.It will be my first ride in almost a month I think, so hopefully I haven't forgot.

Cheers,

Tristan

2 comments:

  1. You update your blog too much for this time of the year. It's making me look bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well your making me look good....but really you should go out, ride some bikes and update!

    ReplyDelete