Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

race report Mansfeild

So the thought was that everyone fast would be gone to Europe leaving the rest of us to fend for our selves.It didn't work out this way, in fact we got more fast people imported from the country to the east Quebec.All was good in my mind because it would give me a good idea of where I am at and what I need to work on.

Race started at a fairly high pace straight up that deadly gravel climb. I was holding my own but couldn't get up with Jacob because our category had increased in size.I saw an opening along side and put the power down to close the gap, got in 3 guys back from J.M in the first single track.The guys in front were kind of sand baging so put the power down on the next set of double track which got me up with J.M but turning onto the 2nd set of Single track my tires could hold on through the sand and I experienced my first fall.Got passed by all who I work hard to pass and started over.A little pissed I put down some more power coming out of a single onto a double and my tires gave out again for my second fall.

At that Point I decided to hold on with Brendan and just try to ride a smart race and pick it up on the last lap.Things were working out and I started to get into a bit of a groove.The pace in our little group did drop a bit so I went up to pick it up a bit follow with Brendo picking it up more.Which brings me to the sad part of my race, as I was decending on a rooting, sandy and very bumpy section my XTR shadow decided this was just unbearable and exploded. Not knowing what had happened I was looking down trying to figure it out and hit some quick sand causing crash number three.Race was over I was mad and Walked the walk of shame.

I think I might order up some X.O next week and see how that goes...Until then have a good night.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment