Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Continued and tonights MNS and I reveal the modern day Jesuses

During the manly attempt to regain some positions we came up rather quick to two rider yelling "on your left" Jacob made it past the one but half way through the pass he decided to merge in behind Jacob not knowing that the other half of the tandem and my self was there.At 34kmh he collided into my handle bars bounced off and rolled onto the ground.I yelled back to see if he was alright but the pain train wasn't stopping and I would have heard him anyway.More on that later.

The rest of the race was basically power power power chain fall off, power power power chain fall off repeated that for about five times through out.In between that though we caught Tammy twice, shake and baked Brandon twice, dropped Brandon and his group, Slipped and slopped in some mud and climbed some hills.

As for people drafting it pretty much went like this.They would yell to there group as we passed "hop on,go go hop on" get on the back of us, I would see this and answer back with more coal in the engine and they couldn't hold on to the never stopping Pain Bike Stop Orillia Express.At one point we had a good 20 man tail on a flat rail trail section,they didn't make it.....

Last km or so the course got really tandem unfriendly and wasn't the funnest but the second we saw the last climb Jacob and I were looking forward to the end.Half way up the steep ascent the spectators were out full force so I said to Jacob "Let's give the a show" I stood up and made a Lance Armstrong attack while Jacob was hammering in the saddle for what was probably the most spectacular climb of the day.At one point on climb I look over at a little girl standing beside her father and she turned to him and said "papa is that Jesus" and the father replied to the little girl "yes sweetie those to men are all that is man, and they don't look homosexual at all in spandex on a blue cruiser tandem almost hugging climbing the hill".Crossed the finish Line and almost immediately the fans and announcer rushed over. Finished answering questions and completed our after race interview and it was back to the car.

We took awhile by the car for snacks and such and even went inside the arena for more snacks and such.Ran into Havy and he asked if Jacob and I it someone on the trail because a guy limped in with blood dripping down his hand and a flat tire.We looked at each other and Laughed and replied "he hit us" Havy said "haha I knew it".Apparently he wasn't mad or anything so all was good.Hit up awards cheered on a Andrew and his talking hands then went up for our first in the Tandem field.Good race I think we might be looking for a more suitable tandem for next year.

Drive home is where things got a little dicey.So the car healed it's self when Liz drove it from Paris to Ancaster and I thought it was a little weird.You know the saying things get better before they get worse.Well driving down the QEW we heard a thump thump Crackle BANG BANG CRACKLE BANG SMACK all my loose change was flying every where, Jacob and Liz were screaming so I pulled over to the side of the road.Turns out the transmission didn't like to be attached to my car any more and decided to come in side with us.First tow truck came not CAA so he got back into his truck, cops came accused me of drinking and driving and got the tow truck to pull me off to a car pool lot.I yelled at the cops because they were being out of this world stupid they yelled at me, I yelled back and we parted ways.CAA comes and the first sketchy 5 tooth tow trucker tells me that the CAA guy is sketchy, so I was like tow truck drive 1 is total sketch so tow truck driver 2 must be like tow truck driver 1 but stoned or a rapist.Turns out he was just stoned which I guess is better than the other.... Said my good byes to the rescue crew of Andrew,Tammy and Jer and my co-piliots of Jacob and Liz. Jumped in to the truck and started the awkward conservations.

There were Jokes while waiting for the CAA mad to load the car on the truck that he would take me off the HWY and rape me then murder me.I didn't find it to funny but they did.Sure enough he did make it off the HWY and while this was happening I got on the phone and text my good byes.Turns out he need fuel and he also wanted to show me his favorite convenience store.He said he likes it because it has a Tim Horton's and also stocks trucker swag.....The rest of the ride home was filled with conversations like I" want to move to the country cause I know my way around a gun" or "so you bikecycle I like to ride my bike down stairs, haha man it's awsome haha" and even "the problem with truckin s those guys from india coming over and getting paid 15 bucks an hour.Know they do? there is three guys right and the take turns driving.When the need to use the washroom they go in this hole they cut in the floor.I Know this from a very reliable source right, my brother is a welder and those Indians who I dont have a problem with came and said can you weld the trailer?My brother looked under the trailer and he said the under body was cover in poop.(pg 13.)" Good drive home I learned a lot.But at the end of the day I was sure glad it was over.

MNs kicked off as usual tonight except no one showed other than Jacob and I.We didnt mind to much we just did a nice little ride talking about store stuff and other very important things.Ride ended before dark and since I dont't have a car anymore I rode home.It did get a little dark at the end but nothing I couldn't handle.Good ride good times and this post is way to long.

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment