Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

First Race

the first race of the year for me was held at Masfeild for the 50k challenge.A couple big names showed up which had me a bit nervous. There was a call up to the starting line which had me confused because this was the first time this race had been raced.Off the bat I stated from the back which had me a little angry because I knew the majority of the people in front of me were going to try to win the race in the first 2kms.

Race bells rang and we were off.I headed to the left and Lances Armstronged it to the front group which had Peter,Jacob,Noble and some other fast guys in it.The course had a 2k start loop and 6k double track to the first set of single.We developed a train of about 7 guys and headed on our way.Legs were feeling good and I was hanging on with little effort which had me pretty pumped.

I was passed just before the first single track which would have been alright if the guy continued going fast but that was not the case.I could see the train disappearing in the distance and leaving me behind.We were warned about a "pot hole"that if we didn't mind riding through them we could.Well when the guy leading me came up to the "pot hole" he went head first into it leading me there as well.The "pot hole" more like a cavern grabbed a hold of my 7ooo series wheel bent it up and spat my carbon fiber saddle in the guys wheel.Front wheel bent and tire drained of air my race was over and I began the walk of same home.

Tonight after the race Jacob and I singed up for Paris to Ancaster so the next couple days we will be working on our tandem skills.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment