Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Albion hills O-cup 2

Yesterday was O-Cup 2 at Albion Hills.As I was heading to the race the temperature was sitting at -2 and the snow was coming down.There was a thought that maybe I should just stay in bed and take it easy but the xc bikecycleist took over and continued on my way.

Arrived down there in good enough time and the temperature was rising.Met up with Jacob and did a nice warm up then off to the starting blocks.Brendan was there stripping his warmers off because he said her saw the pro's doing it.Chatted a bit then the buzzer went off.

1st lap started slow because I couldn't get around anyone on the start loop.Dove into the first single track right into a traffic jam.My plan was to ride with Tim and Brendan but a rider whom I will not mention kept diving into the single track in front of me then eased up. Tim and Brendan's group broke away and I couldn't make enough time on the double to catch them.

Next couple laps my lower back started to cramp up pretty bad so I lost some power.I could feel that I had lots in the tank but when ever I tried to use it it made my lower back cramp more.I had a pace I was somewhat comfortable riding so I stuck with that and picked off all the guys who fell off.

Finished 22nd overall which I'm happy with because I finished but at the same time I know I have a lot more which wasn't used.I going to try and get a bike fit done and if that doesnt work then I'll move to a new frame but I dont think I want to race that set up again.Keep you posted.

Tonight I did a spin out the legs ride and leg wise it didnt feel like I had raced them the day before, however the lower back was still tight.Good ride tonight lots of horses and green grass but it was fairly cold.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment