Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

WNCR

Last night was the cross races at Hardwood hills and not a bad night for it at all.I was running a bit late because I was doing a photo shoot with my sister for the new Quaker Oaks Farm website we both are building so once I arrived it was to to get started.

The guns went off and so did we, over the hill and settled into a nice cozy pace for the first lap.The main group stayed together until the run up climb where it separated the weak from the men. Unfortunally I was weak and I saw guy's like Watson ride up the "forced climb".I really need to put the smaller ring back on, maybe that would work for a Friday job.

Second lap was me just trying to hold on and trying not to loose much ground.That plan failed at the climb again and I settled into a survival pace with Andrew Doble and a couple other guys.I attacked on the flats and suffered on any thing with a grade.Last km I decided to try to catch Adam who was 100m up,so I turned the bike to eleven and drove forward.The plan would have worked but some dude on a mtb missed his tune-up appointment and miss shifted the crap out of his bicycle cause him to look at his chain which in turn cause him to ride all over the trail effectively blocking me.Oh well...I think I might take a couple days off and just stretch the body.Knees are about 70 % and getting better day by day.Cheers!

Tristan

No comments:

Post a Comment