Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

feeling ducky

Well because I'm "training" again you get another post.Monday night ride was pretty sweet.Jacob and I drove the Subaru down the fire roads through the forest to meet the rest of the crew at the meeting parking lot.A lot of low hanging branches and trees out there so one bike dismout was required and one more should had have happened.The Giant clipped one branch taking it off the roof racks.Pulled a spoke but nothing serious enough for me not to ride it.

Jacob and I discussed on our travels that since a newb was showing up we should put the hammer down occasionally for initiation. I guess we'll see if he shows up next week.Mark also showed up after weeks of vacationing.Nice to see him again.Watson confessed his love to the 29 inch wheel and even said quote "my 29er saved my life".I like the "new style" of MNS seems theres a lot more rough housing and battles then there use to be.Riding is made fun when there is an element of death.....

Today I got out for a nice soak in oro.Not to exciting another then the near death by line 9 and 15/16th.I've been riding with music lately which has been nice but occasionally you find yourself in sticky situations.I couldn't hear the dogs coming so by the time I noticed them they were already at the yellow line.Really I had two options which was to brake and reduce the chance of being T-boned or pedal to the pavement and ride the gravel.Chose option 2 and took the W.Finished off the ride safe.Good times

Cheers,

Tristan

No comments:

Post a Comment