Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Panpake ride

Yesterday was the MNS anual Pancake ride, unfortunately Man Ride Productions had to do a hostal take over of said ride due to the lack of manliness within the MNS group.By Pancake Ride morning everyone had spaked out except for Jacob, Liz and myself.So the three of us decided to change the start location from Barrie to Horseshoe Valley and keep the ride alive.

Start time was 9:00am, temperature was -10 and the sun was out in full force.If you dressed right and wore black you were solid gold for the ride.Warmed up climbing out of the valley and continued on our way.Sign sprints on the way out were takin by Liz, Jacob and I couldn't wheel her back in...

Arrived at Shaws Maple Syrup and built up more of an appetite waiting in the 30minute line. Once seated Jacob informed me that men eat the 3 large pancake with 3 sausage meal, since I'm still proving my manliness I was forced to order the same.Food arrives at the table and the waitress tells Jacob and I that no one has finished the number three combo yet.Challenged was excepted and JM and I put our game faces on.Bite after bite we both came closer to food bonking.Last pancake I attacked hard off the start and finished it off.The waitress was impressed but she wanted it all gone, so I picked up my syrup bowl and pounded it back.I was almost a father.Jacob Couldn't finish his but theres always next year.

Starting the ride home was a bit slow going but slowly we got back up to a decent pace.First sign sprint came and Jacob eased pass me pushing me to go for it.I waited and waited and when he turned his head from me to the sign I put the power down. First pedal stroke I blew my chain.legs were flying, I was screaming, cleats were grinding and off towards the ditch I went. Watson spaked out so no one had a tool to fix it.Jacob towed me to his house but didnt have a tool to fix it.So that left Jon, Jacobs dad to drive us to Hardwood to fix her up.Thanks Jon.Got it fixed and headed home under the nice sunny blue skys.Good ride and good times.

Think I might get out this aft.





Cheers,

Tristan

No comments:

Post a Comment