Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend fun

Got in some pretty decent rides on the weekend, pretty stoked about it.Saturday morning I decided it was time to grab the tandem form my parents farm and bring it into to the shop so Jacob and I can get it tuned for P2A.One of my friends in town wanted to go along for the ride but didn't really know what he was getting himself into. The ride had many first for him such as first time using clipless pedals, first to riding 70k, first time on a bike not from walmart and first time riding a cruiser tandem.

Ride out was alright he just struggled with getting clipped in and out of the pedals.Pace was down as well but I solved that by riding on the shoulder.Once at the farm got the bike ready to roll and took on some water.I told him him the tandem would be faster than the mountain bike he road out on but when we got back on the road and the headwind was blowing us backward I knew I would have to work hard to show him the power of the tandem.For 35k I drilled it, putting 90% to the pedals.He was helping a bit but his pedaling technique was jiving with mine.Got back into town and was completely drained, I might eat breakfast next time...

Today got out for a nice around the lake ride.I like riding around Couchiching a lot, good pavement, good scenery and the roads for the most part are not busy.Only real problem is theres lots of sand this time of year.Good ride though, game me a chance to get a bit of a sun burn..

Cheers,

Tristan

No comments:

Post a Comment