Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

TT....

I have been wanting to re do the time trail for a while now but with 24hrs and such it just hasnt happened.Andrew had told me the night before that he was going out to put one last burn in his legs before the flight out west.Andrew has been feeling a bit down ever since 60+ year old Jack Sassiville open a can of whoop ass on him two weeks ago, so I figured I'd go out and give him someone to ride a way from.

The plan was to go to the gym and stretch out the back and hamy's before the race.I arrived at the Phoenix and did my thang however on the way out got to chatting with the owner for a bit longer than expected and had 15 minutes to get to the race. I pulled in with 5 minutes to spare and to Andrew who looked like he was about to send me a "you stood me up you bastard" text.Hoped on the steed road to the stop sign on the 7th and then lined up.

After some attempts to crush Andrew mentally and he headed out it was my turn to go. I blasted away from the start with 3 minutes of warm up in the legs and was in pursuit of the Dr. and victory.However no matter how hard I pushed I could close the gap.While I was eating my Reeses Pieces for the 3rd time that evening I laid down the last effort on the last climb before the finish now going for my personal best.Successful in the PB made all the regurgitating and 22:08 minutes of pain worth it.Oh and because of me Andrew also had a PB on that course and will most likely take that boost in confidence and go on to winning nationals.

This weekend is the buck of the wallow O-cup which I'm still questioning racing.I'm going to pre-ride the course Saturday and make my decision.

CHeers

No comments:

Post a Comment